Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Three Today



Gerard's:

At the peel of duct tape and the guttural noises of a struggle nearby, Lori's brain thundered awake with the horrible realization that the man above her was real.  Again, she thought of her husband and her son.

From page 9 of Every Second by Rick Mofina. (click link for my review--did it yesterday.)
To do this together, though, Conner would have to carry Cayden every step of the way, pulling him in a raft as he swam, wheeling him in a trailer attached to his bike and, finally, pushing him in a stroller over the finish line.  To me, it seemed impossible!
From page xii of Expect a Miracle by Jenny Long With Bob Der.

Karen's:

"So you want to have Arobynn kill the king, and what?  Put Dorian on the throne?  With a Valg demon inside him?"

From page 51 of Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. I liked Queen of Shadows, and Walk on Earth a Stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Second sounds so scary from that teaser! What an awful situation to be in!

    Conner sounds like an exceptional person. I know he and Cayden can do it! At least I hope so.

    I don't know if I would want a demon on the throne . . .

    These all sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! "Expect a Miracle" sounds really great. Are you enjoying it? I'm definitely going to check this out. Thanks for sharing. Here's my link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-115

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerard liked this one but it is very short. He would have liked more!

      Delete
  4. Love Sarah J. Maas but Every Second sounds gripping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails