Sunday, August 23, 2015

"Vicious" by V. E. Schwab - We had a Love/Hate Feeling About This One! (UPDATED)

Vicious by V. E. Schwab centers on Victor and Eli.  When their research moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong!  The first part of the book concentrates on Victor and the second part on Eli.  This book goes back and forth in time, leading up to a fantastic ending.

This is some book!  I enjoyed it right from page 1 and thought the characters were very interesting.  Here is a teaser I chose from it:

He hardly felt the cold through his coat.  He was too busy trying to picture what Eli's face would look like when he received their message.  [from p. 26]
Gerard's review, 8/21/15, 5++ stars)


Here is the spoiler-free review we saw on YouTube that convinced Karen to read the book too:


Karen's review (8/28/15):
I started Vicious by V. E. Schwab expecting it to be great based on this video and my husband's recommendation; however, I only read a little over half and gave up on it.  I didn't care for it at all.  I didn't like either of the main characters and thought the whole premise was ridiculous.  It is like a contemporary fantasy or science fiction, not sure which.  In my opinion, it's like the old Twilight Zone TV show!  The writing really annoyed me a lot too because it kept jumping all over the place.  It's in the present, then 10 years ago, last night, 3 nights ago, back to the present, 10 years ago through the whole book.  It only gets 1 star from me.  

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails