Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Teaser Tuesday--5 Today!



Gerard's:

Sir reaches for me but I shove through his grip, pushing by everyone--Dendera, who shouts something about floral arrangements, and Alysson, who says something about calming down, and Mather, who says nothing because that's what he does, he just stands there while I'm supposed to close my eyes and obey.

If I have to close my eyes and obey, Noam does too.

From page 210 of Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch.
  

Carter snapped his fingers and the meeting began to break up.  Suddenly, Archie felt empty, used up, discarded.

From page 38 of The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier.

After many minutes of this silence, something happened that had never happened before, at least to Valentina's knowledge:  Mrs. Ivanova began to cry, turning her head away in a futile attempt to hide her emotions from the girl.  Valentina saw the tears anyway and soon she was crying also, upset and afraid but without knowing why.
From page 3 of Dark Eyes by William Richter.

Karen's
Celaena took the barmaid into the alley, if only because she didn't want to wake the other inn guests and get into yet another fight.  She didn't really know why she'd offered to teach her to defend herself.
From page 3 of Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica.

Whenever Sarah used to be upset about something bad that happened to her, she would cheer herself up by saying, Worse things have happened to better people.  But I don't think anything worse than this has ever happened to anybody.
 From page 70 (Loc. 1100 on Kindle) of Love Saves the Day by Gwen Cooper.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.


Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, 5 books! That what's holidays are for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote from Love Saves the Day!

    My teaser is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with any of the books, so thanks for sharing.

    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never hear about these authors before. Here is my TT
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/08/teaser-tuesday-22.html?zx=67b31af5feeb01d9

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice variety of teasers. I have read Snow Like Ashes and have Ice Like Fire on my review stack. My YA teaser this week comes from Fairest by Marissa Meyer. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these books sound great. Good Teasers.
    My Tuesday post features THE LAND OF MANGO SUNSETS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always read such an interesting variety of books! Karen's Pretty Baby teaser has me intrigued and Gerard's one from The Chocolate War. I'm curious about both books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great teasers there. I particularly like the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails