Thursday, April 9, 2015

Are You a Booktuber? Now I Am!

In March I made a huge discovery!  Thanks to my friend Camilla, I saw her post about her new channel on Facebook called Our Bookish Obsession and checked it out.  She is very nice and is doing it together with a friend which is different than most.  I encourage you to check out her videos.

I found on YouTube there is a whole lot of people who make videos about books.  They discuss books, come up with fun book tags (in blogland they were called mimis), give tours of their bookshelves and all sorts of book-related videos.  The community is called BookTube and I am now officially a Booktuber.  If you are a booktuber, please leave a link to your channel or a specific one of your videos in the comments below so I can visit you! 

In trying to find other Booktubers, I discovered a whole group on Twitter using #booktube and #booktubers.  Not only that, but one of the booktubers told me there is a group on Goodreads and I can even post my channel link there.  Of course, I'd love for you to visit my channel and leave a comment or even subscribe!  You can find my channel on YouTube by putting in kzemek in the search box.  Currently, I have a giveaway going on through April 22.


I am still in the process of finding the best place and setup for taping my videos.  We do not get a lot of sunlight in Cleveland before I go to work and in the evenings so lighting is my biggest challenge in making my videos.  I am also experimenting on getting the right distance from the camera and getting it at the right height but I'll get there pretty soon, I hope. 


This has given me new inspiration for doing videos.  I am currently working on doing a "Divergent" book tag and hope to get that taped and edited this weekend for LionsandTigersandbooksohmy.

This post is in response to Mama's Losin' It's Writer's Workshop prompt:  Share something you learned in March.  Why not go check out her prompts and link up too?

Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. I have never heard of BookTube. I can easily get lost inside book review sites and my list of books to read has grown quite a bit. I'm almost afraid to check it out - I might not ever emerge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean--another time hogger. I'm really enjoying it Though!

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this either but it makes perfect sense to me to combine the popularity of books and You Tube together!! Sounds like a perfect fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun! Thanks for subscribing to my channel!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from Mama Kat's - what a concept! You Tube, Book Reviews, Bloggers turned Vloggers - genius!!!! Thanks for teaching me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I hadn't heard of this. You can be the star of your own show basically. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I've just jumped back on the reading wagon and am loving my latest picks. :) I've been following a few booktubers as well. It's fun to actually watch people give reviews instead of just reading them! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me not to tell too much once I start talking about a book though. I tend to ramble on about them so have to list specific points and stick to that. I am having fun with it though and keep finding more booktubers every day!

      Delete
  6. How fun! I don't have enough guts to vlog, but it's fun to see you doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awkward at first, but it gets easier the more you do it.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails