Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays--4 Today



Gerard's:
  
But then he had always been clever.  If only he used his brain for something constructive, instead of just finding endless--and sometimes ingenious--ways to make her life hell, he might be a happier person himself.

From page 30 of Want You Dead by Peter James (Just finished this last week but it's so good, I wanted to do a teaser from it-- click link to see my review)
An elderly gentleman in a black sedan pulls over into the slow lane, and I speed up guiltily.  I am ashamed of my actions now, and of the sense of panic that moved into our home when Rick left us.

From page 9 of The 13th Gift by Joanne Huist Smith.

Karen's: 

He hurled the suitcase into the snow on the front yard.  It broke open and her clothes tumbled onto the snowy grass.  Then he gave her a hard shove.
From Location 108-9 page 58 from Someone Else's Daughter:  Book 1 (A Miranda's Rights Mystery 1) by Linsey Lanier.

See who's on your side and in your corner.  You don't have to go it alone.

From page 23 of Don't Give Up, Don't Give In--Lessons from an Extraordinary Life by Louis Zamperini and David Rensin

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.
Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. The one from Want You Dead made me laugh. Let's hope we don't have anyone like that in our lives.

    My TT this week is from the classic French mystery Fantômas: http://wp.me/pZnGI-h0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four more fascinating books! Someone Else's Daughter really grabbed me, and so did Want You Dead.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Peter James books so that gets my vote for this week but all your teasers are really good! thanks for visiting my TT Karen https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesday-january-6/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked all of them. Want You Dead is my fav. I might have to fit it into one of my reading challenges. Makes a good excuse to buy it. LOL

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesdays-94-awol/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first guy sounds like a psycho... could be a decent read though.
    The guy in the third teaser needs to be socked. Just sayin'.
    Great words in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OoOoo I'm curious about Someone Else's Daughter, sounds like something I would enjoy :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails