Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Merle's Door--Lessons from a Freethinking Dog" by Ted Kerasote (UPDATED)

 Merle's Door--Lessons from a Freethinking Dog by Ted Kerasote is the true story about a man named Ted.  One day while he was camping, a dog came and claimed him.  He agreed and called the dog Merle.  Merle was an amazing dog!  His story deserved to be told and Mr. Kerasote does it so well!

This is a fantastic read!  The two best dog books I ever read were A Pack of Two and Rose in a Storm, but this book now makes the list three.  It's right up there with my other two!  I LOVED IT!  If you are a dog lover, it's a must read.  Bring tissues but do not let that stop you.  So far, this is my book of the month!!  Love you, Merle.
(Gerard's review 8/14/14, 5++ stars)

I liked Merle's Door by Ted Kerasote because Merle was such an adventuresome dog and the bond he had with Ted was heartwarming.  I could have done without the research side notes that the author included about history of dogs and studies that have been done but am sure some people would find all that interesting.  Personally, I liked the parts about Merle and his adventures, his bond with Ted, and his encounters with other dogs and wildlife.  Of course, the ending made me cry but if you don't want to read the sad part, just stop before the last couple chapters.  It is a good book and I enjoyed it, probably because Merle reminded me of our dog in some ways.
(Karen's review 8/21/14, 4 stars) 


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails