Sunday, July 27, 2014

"Say what You Will" by Cammie McGovern


This book deals with a young teen girl named Amy.  She is a special needs teen who needs help to get her through the day.  In her senior year of high school, she persuades her mother to hire classmates to help her instead of adults.  Matthew decides to help her but is pretty sure he will not make it through the first day.  The communications between Amy and Matthew are fantastic and is what makes this such a good read.  Along the way are some twists that test them both!  I LOVED this one and read it in just two days.  This past up my previous "book of the month" in my opinion.  It's a must read!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Now see what Karen thought of it:


While Gerard was reading this one, I took a look at it and after reading the first chapter, decided to keep going.  Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern is a teen novel about Amy, a girl who has Cerebral Palsy, and Matthew, a boy who has OCD.  When Matthew gets hired by Amy’s mom to be a peer helper for her once a week, they become friends and help each other.  This book has some funny parts as well as some serious issues.  I liked this book because it was interesting to see how Amy and Matthew’s friendship developed and their separate set of problems.  Between Amy and Matthew, I liked Matthew better.  (4 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered what the book was about when I read the teaser you shared. I feel like I have something in common with one of these characters. May be I'll enjoy this book if I get to read it.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails