Saturday, April 5, 2014

"I Will Never Forget" by Elaine C. Pereira

I Will Never Forget—A Daughter’s Story of Her Mother’s Arduous and Humorous Journey through Dementia by Elaine C. Pereira is informative, heartbreaking and emotional.  Although it starts a bit slow, about halfway through I found myself really enjoying it.  This book gives a glimpse into what it’s like for those dealing with dementia.  I could certainly feel the daughter’s sadness when she realized her mom was worse off than she thought and had some difficult decisions to make.  This is a touching story of love between a mother and daughter that I could certainly relate to.  As I read, it made me even more thankful that neither of my parents suffered with dementia.  This book is an eye opener that gives insight into independent living, assisted living, Memory Care and Hospice facilities as the daughter shares about her mother’s journey.  I recommend it to anyone who would like to know more about how to deal with someone with dementia or wants to know more about the illness.   
(Karen's review, 4 stars)

(I was given a free copy to review but this did not affect my review.)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails