Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday Teasers--Four for You


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Karen's:
"Which do you mean?" and turning round, he looked for a moment at Elizabeth, till catching her eye, he withdrew his own and coldly said, "She is tolerable; but not handsome enough to tempt me; and I am in no humour at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men. You had better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles, for you are wasting your time with me."
From page 10 of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (classic historical fiction).

So I spoke to the people in the morning.  Then my wife died in the evening.  The next morning I did as I had been commanded.
From Ezekiel 24:18 (International Children's Bible).

Gerard's:
My family was progressive in certain ways, and I'd known to expect this. But still, the thought of either Georgie or Sam finding out made me want to die.
From page 88 of The Yonahlossee Riding Camp For Girls by Anton Disclafani. (Historical fiction from 1930s--My review will be up tomorrow.)

She gives her an austere (that is one of our vocabulary words this week) look and Maggie knows that I know that Miss Robinson knows exactly why she wants to move away from me. Maggie wants everyone to laugh.
From page 25 of Runt by Nora Raleigh Baskin (contemporary fiction-childrens).

Happy Reading!

16 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I read Pride and Prejudice but I quite fancy revisiting it now.

    On a separate note, I want to poach your cat!

    Here's my TT: http://ahellofawoman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers. I have never read Pride and Prejudice... hopefully I will get there one day!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love P&P! I also really liked Yonahlosse.

    I'm today playing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice teases! Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got really excited when I recognized Pride and Prejudice a few words in. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Pride and Prejudice and only recently heard of the Riding Camp one. Mine: Old Bones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the P & P tease. I've got the Riding Camp up next on audio. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers. I read Runt a little while ago and am conflicted about it. It didn't feel like a novel to me. Come see my teasers for Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear and Saving Paradise by Mike Bond. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, lots of teasers today!! :) Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers and great book! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good teasers, liked the Pride & Prejudice one.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teasers! You can't go wrong with Jane Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope to read Pride and Prejudice one day. I also wonder what the character didn't want Georgie or Sam to find out.

    http://cherylschristianbookconnection.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesdays-july-30th.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. *sigh* Pride and Prejudice :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails