Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Teasers: "Playing Dead" and "Gone Girl"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
"'I love her like she was my own.' That's what Daddy said.
There it was. My first certain step into an abyss of lies.
Taken from page 49 of Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin.

Gerard's:
"Oh, s___," he said. "Her?"
"You recognize her?"
He actually looked stricken. "She wanted to buy a gun."
Taken from page 117 of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

Happy Reading! We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. I wonder what she did with the gun. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by my blog. I like your teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen and Gerard,

    Two great teasers and both new authors to me.

    I have added both to my reading list, but particularly like the sound of 'Playing Dead'.

    Interesting post and two new great recommendations, thanks.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard amazing things about Gone Girl.

    I'm playing here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teases! Lies first. Then someone buying a gun. Hmmm! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now the question is "why did she buy the gun???" Good Teasers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting, more to be added to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my post

    http://nelashley.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/teaser-tuesdays-12062012-mysteries.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder why that led to the lies... both teasers sound really interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. Nice teasers! Thanks for sharing and for stepping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of either of these books but both teasers are intriguing. I hope the books are as good as the teasers. My teasers this week are from Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are intriguing, but I am curious about the girl with the gun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved both your teasers, but the one from Gone Girl really grabbed me.
    My teaser this week is from The Lie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both excellent teasers. So I take it the daddy isn't really the narrator's father. I get the same stricken feeling from the gun. Great selections.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your teasers! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gone Girl really hooked me :)

    My 1st TT is on my blog:

    http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/06/11/teaser-tuesday-earth-by-shauna-granger/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially like the first teaser. Very ominous. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Thanks for the visit to my blog! Sorry it took me so long to reply as I was knee deep in grading papers all week.

    Interesting teasers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails