Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Teasers: "The Crown" and "Deceit"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
A grim laugh from Bishop Gardiner. "With Cromwell's spies everywhere, watching everything I do? I think not."
His eyes settled on me.
"No, Sister Joanna, I'm not going to find the Athelstan crown. You are."
From page 10 of The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau.

Karen's:
New fear surged. How could I even think of looking for a strange man in a mask after dark? All alone out here?
From page 27 of Deceit by Brandilyn Collins.

Happy Reading! We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during March to the American Cancer Society.

18 comments:

  1. Looking for a strange man in the dark would be bad enough. Add the mask and it becomes a lot more scary. Good teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... It seems dangerous to have spies around them watching their every more as if they were criminals... Or are they really going to steal something?

    Looking for a masked man after dark? Difficult especially if he is a stranger...

    Great teasers.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing teasers! 'The Crown' sounds good, I'd like to read something about the Cromwell era. The second one is creepy, but interesting. Here is my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teasers. Loved the second one though, seemed a bit more dramatic and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Crown on my list to read books. Luv your Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Crown is my kind of book. I read Deceit, did not like it as much as Gone to Ground. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teasers! The Crown's teaser definitely intrigues me enough to check it out. ;)

    thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Teasers!

    Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful teasers! And I think it would be difficult to find a masked man in the dark. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spies and a masked man after dark...both sound intriguing! Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    And donating to American Cancer Society for comments is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good teasers! Looking for a man in a mask in the dark is how horror movies happen. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even with spies watching I hope she finds the crown! lol Great tease! Thanks for visiting My TT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really curious as to why he/she would be going out looking for someone in a mask. I guess I'll have to check out these books :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, bothe of them sound really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teasers! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting teasers! I'm especially intrigued by the first.

    Thank you for coming by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teasers! The first one has some historical drama and the second is very creepy. It's a brilliant mix.

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails