Saturday, October 6, 2012

"The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brian Selznick (UPDATED)

After being on a long wait list at the library, Gerard finally got the DVD of this movie and we watched it last night.  It is about the beginning of films and people fulfilling their purpose.  It's a good movie we both enjoyed.
(Karen's review 10/6/12)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick tells the story of a young boy, Hugo, who after his uncle leaves him takes care of the clocks at the Paris subway station.  However, this book is much more than that!  I just loved this book!!  The story is fantastic and the drawings in the book go with the story so well.  Now I want to go see the movie!  I now know why it was up for "Best Picture of the Year."  It's an amazing story!  If you saw the movie, tell me how you liked it!  This is in the running for my book of the month.
(Gerard's review 3/15/12)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during March to the American Cancer Society.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the book yet but saw the movie. I can see its merit from the point of view of the academy. I also read Brian Selznick's Wunderstruck which was fabulous! The illustrations are terrific, telling the story of one character while another story is told in writing and then the two merge into one story. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails