Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Unwind" by Neal Shusterman--a Thought Provoking Adventure (UPDATED)


UPDATED 1/26/12
Unwind by Neal Shusterman, a science fiction YA book, tells the believable story of two young boys and a girl who escape from being unwound. What is unwind? You will have to read the book to find out, but trust me, it's not pretty! I was hooked on this book from page one because it made me care about the three main characters. It has lots of twists and turns and the ending is just so good! I really loved this book! It's the second best book I've read this month! I read this on Karen's recommendation and am glad I did!
(Gerard's review: My rating 5 of 5 stars)

"Unwind" by Neal Shusterman is a fascinating and disturbing YA novel about recycling body parts. This is carrying transplants to the extreme by making it legal for parents to sign a paper turning the kid over to be unwound if they are a troublesome teen, or the tenth child in the family which is a tithe, or if an orphanage/state home is too crowded. The “unwinds” are brought to a “Harvest Camp” where they cut up the teens in their “Chop Shop” and use their different body parts in other people. Most of the story is how the three teens, Connor, Risa and Lev, who were signed over for different reasons to be unwound fight for survival and work together.

This is such a good book because of the different characters and how they interact with each other. It is really interesting to see how Connor matures along the way and how Lev learns to be street smart. I absolutely loved the ending!  This is not a book I will soon forget.

(Karen's review:  My rating: 5 of 5 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents to KIVA this month to help the poor change their lives for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Angie here from Angels Are Kids and Furkids. I want to award you with the Versatile Blogger Award for all the wonderful reviews and contributions you make to the blogging and writing world. You can see the details at my blog: http://angiesangelsrkids-furkids.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-week-jean-from-httpgibbee.html
    Congrats!!! :-)

    What an interesting book!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails