Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blockade Billy by Stephen King

Blockade Billy by Stephen King is a novel about a guy who comes up to be a fill-in catcher for a major league team.  He loves to block home plate in close plays--hence, the name of the book.  I enjoyed it.  Good twist at the end, Stephen King style!
(Gerard's review 6/22/10)

(spoiler alert)
Blockade Billy by Stephen King is a book that I wish I hadn’t wasted my time reading.  The only good thing was that it is short.  It’s about a catcher who really isn’t who he said and who turned out to be a killer.  When the crowd yelled “Kill the umpire,” Blockade Billy took it literally.  I gave this a chance because I like baseball and that’s what it was about but no more Stephen King for me.

(Karen's review 9/25/10)
Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails